Holden, LA asked in Banking, Civil Litigation and Consumer Law for Virginia

Q: What are my options? My bank accessed an account that I am not listed on and processed my reguested transactions.

24 hours later, the police came to my house and arrested me. Ripped from my house, humiliated, hurt and Incarcerated for 5 days because a bank employee did not verify the proper authorized person or people listed on the account. Since I did not violate any laws but I was arrested and charged, can I file suit against the bank?

1 Lawyer Answer
F. Paul Maloof
F. Paul Maloof
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: This Is a criminal law matter which I do not handle. Sorry.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.