Hudson, NY asked in Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for New York

Q: My managers don't seem to take my concerns into account and it has led to injury and retaliation.

I have gone to my manager multiple times about issues and concerns that I have and every time I am told that they will try to work with me, I suffer from pretty severe anxiety and I have mentioned it and I am put in situations that raise my anxiety and put me and those I give services to in danger. I also told them about my shoulder hurting and now I have an issue with my shoulder that may require surgery that happened at work. Now I feel like they are retaliating against me. I get told things that I never got paperwork and sign or that they change every time that they talk about it. I no longer go to department meetings or anything. I feel like I am at a wit's end.

1 Lawyer Answer
V. Jonas Urba
V. Jonas Urba
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Tarrytown, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: You need to be able to perform your job duties with or without a reasonable accommodation. If you need that you MUST request that. Ask your doctors what you need and consult an employment lawyer.

If you have a workers compensation claim it is simple to retain a contingent fee lawyer for that. Do so. You will be glad you did. They earn nothing unless they win and the percentage they charge is limited by state law.

Lawyers will not just charge percentages. They will earn those percentages as you will see. Because resolving the issues you have will probably take a long time even with legal counsel helping you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.