Bartlesville, OK asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Oklahoma

Q: If a child's name is listed as a minor family member on protection order does does no contact apply to child as well?

A protection order has a blank line for petitioner's name and under it says "and on or behalf of minor family members". To the right it says list additional minor family members:

Child's name is listed on the right. But not on the left under "on behalf of". On i've seen that show petitioner's name and on behalf minor petitioner then child's name. To include a order be granted on behalf of child It has to be transferred to any pending custody case if the defendant is a bio parent. That wasn't done and even though not allowed to have unsupervised visits with child it was ordered on the protection order for petitioner to call defendant once a week to allow speaking with minor child. So if petitioner claims that while at courthouse for a hearing the defendant called out the child's name would that be a violation even if child was a minor petitioner. Is there probable cause that a protection order has been violated

1 Lawyer Answer
Keegan Kelley Harroz
Keegan Kelley Harroz
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: If the child is included on the ORDER and the order does not specifically allow contact, then yes, the no contact order applies to the child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.