Q: Appeal was reversed and remanded with Direction, lower court conditionally reversed and remanded. What does this mean?

Yes I've appeal my case and appeals court said the Supreme Court reversed and remanded it with directions. Ventura County Superior Court says it was conditionally reversed and remanded. Doesn't Supreme Court overrule Superior Court because as of January 4th 2019 they convicted me of the case and I already have a violation hearing on the 21st of February. Is going public good idea because at this point they want to send me to prison. I've never been convicted of a violent crime I've never stole anything I've never done harm to anybody ever. It also says I've been in chuckawalla Valley State Prison since 2002 I could give you case numbers I can send you emails I can send you whatever you want to prove it. I went to court January 4th 2019 showed public defender he verified it from his office. told the judge and DA and they did nothing about it, went ahead and convicted me of the crime. set me up a probation violation hearing February 21, 2019. And I'm not MAKING IT UP!!!

1 Lawyer Answer
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brooklyn, NY
  • Licensed in California

A: Who's representing you on appeal, the DA's office? If so, they should inform you about the status of your case. If the appeals court reversed and remanded the decision with instructions to the lower court, that means they reversed the lower court's appealed decision, sent the case back to the lower court for a new decision with guiding instructions to the lower court on how they should best proceed to avoid another error in their decision-making process. You may want to hire a private attorney to review your case to give you a 2nd opinion. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as myself. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website, www.AliEsq.com. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, WA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.