Clovis, CA asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: If I been given a UD filed Feb 1st, 2019, but still no court as of yet. Can I still sue them in small claims court?

Breach of Contract and Covenant of Quiet Enjoyment, Owner and Manager for harassment, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, outrageous conduct, extreme and outrageous conduct by the Owner and Manager with the intention of causing, or reckless disregard of the probability of causing, emotional distress; (2) the plaintiff’s suffering severe or extreme emotional distress; and (3) actual and proximate causation of the emotional distress by the defendant’s outrageous conduct

1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas A. Grossman
Thomas A. Grossman
  • Palm Springs, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I don't understand your statement of "No Court," which I assume means there has been no Court date set. You need to go on the internet and find the nearest Court in your County. Then log in to that Court Website and look for a case number. If you received papers from the Court you probably have a case number. Be careful of the timelines, as you need to show up the hearing if the UD has been scheduled.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.