Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
California Environmental Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Employment Discrimination, Environmental and Identity Theft for California on
Q: How do resolve current issues
Maya L. Serkova
Maya L. Serkova answered on Nov 13, 2021

Your post is missing the actual facts. Please resubmit your question with a description of your issues. This will help us better assist you.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Environmental for California on
Q: Can I sue southwest for not having COVID protocols and I catch the virus during one of their flight?

I recently took a flight on Southwest and ended up catching covid. They have mask policy’s which everyone followed but in the past, the middle seat in the aircraft was always empty. I couldn’t imagine the crew doing a sterilization job in the time they pulled in and we boarded. After getting... Read more »

Leon Bayer
Leon Bayer answered on Oct 2, 2021

In a lawsuit I think you will need to prove 1. that you contradicted your illness on that flight and 2. That you got it from the person sitting next to you and 3. That the airline failed to follow rules established by the government. Other issues are likely to be the vaccination status of you and... Read more »

Q: I Want to Open Hydrogen Station, I wanted to Know about its Legal Formalities etc. In USA
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 28, 2021

A California attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. It could be difficult for any attorney to meaningfully advise on the formalities you ask about in the brief format of this forum. There are many things to consider, whether from an intellectual property standpoint... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Domestic Violence, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for California on
Q: Can I sue my building if my room keeps flooding since I moved in

I live in a single room occupancy its very unhealthy for me I was also going thru an domestic violence and when I asked repeatedly to move and even contacted victims of violent crime and the women's against violent acts the building management pretended to move me to another unit in the... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 7, 2021

more info is needed.

clearly, this facility is not up to code.

you have an inherent promise of habitability when you move somewhere.

you can go to small claims; report to state and city etc

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for California on
Q: motel owner pump out waste of septic tank into public street for 8 hrs at night

They have been doing this 4 yrs next to a school the smell is so bad they just fill the hole back up with dirt .

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II answered on Oct 26, 2020

You should take photos and videos with your phone and report this to the police.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Environmental for California on
Q: I'm seeking representation for the dangerous recklessness endangerment of my Land, farm, water soil, air and my Person.

by Sierra Pacific Industries who sprayed 1000's of gallons of Agent Orange on their property adjacent to me. I suffered 21 days breathing this toxic soup and now suffering from Emphysema and Chronic Bronchitis. I have filed suit on time in El Dorado county and need help! This was the second... Read more »

Joseph Franklin Klatt
Joseph Franklin Klatt answered on Feb 15, 2020

We are not allowed to personally solicit or give referral information in these forums. You can search this site for attorneys, however, and a number of other similar sites. You want to find a personal injury attorney in your area and get a consultation. She can tell you whether you have a viable... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Civil Rights, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for California on
Q: Is a landlord required to find and pay for housing if mold needs to be abated?

I live in an apartment in Anaheim California. The lease is weekly and required to pay by week and it up to a month in advance. I have been stalked and harassed and now the entire ceiling in my closest is saturated with water and brown mold in ceiling. The carpet is wet and my belongings on on the... Read more »

Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez answered on Jan 15, 2020

Go to the doctor and get treated. Most insurance company have exclusions for mold. You have to use negligence theories. Be careful how to file your pleading. Best of luck.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for California on
Q: Can I sue California for having fluoride in the water? Fluoride is a neurotoxin and does not help teeth at all.
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Dec 2, 2019

There has been legal activity in this area, involving the EPA under the Toxic Substances Control Act. You could look into the current disposition of the matter. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for California on
Q: Can the government divert a river onto a small branch of the river?

With pilings and levies and dirt with tamerisks growing on them raised up mounds is how the river was diverted onto an old branch of the river. Now river is concentrated onto and runs on the branch which was smaller but now river is widened at least ten times old river and branch

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 27, 2019

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has considerable authority in its work involving flood protection and the maintenance of public waterways. If you contacted them, it's possible they could advise about the specific legislative authority relied upon for such projects. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury, Products Liability and Environmental for California on
Q: Do hotels have to follow certain level certain guidelines How they handle big emergencies? I feel i am being wronged.

I just cant get up and leave so easily. I've been at hotel for a year. I have a few things in my hotel room that will take me several trips to relocate. Its not just my luggage and lets go. Hotel knows my bathroom been leaking and their maintenace guy quit they barely got a new guy. Now the... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Sep 17, 2019

much more info needed.

is there some kind of lease?

if you feel you have been wronged consider small claims where you can sue for up to $10k.

this may be more of a policy issue than legal.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Environmental and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: Stop code enforcement from hitting returnees with violations with hefty fines in paradise, CA. can anything be done?

Some of us are starting to receive violation notices from the city of paradise for code violations that are 2 months old along with the hefty fines for each. We were told that we would fall under a disaster ordinance upon return and I believe for up to 18 months. Now it is said only 180 days. the... Read more »

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on Jul 26, 2019


You need to get familiar with the City's Municipal Code right away. You and the others like you should appeal every citation you get. Get yourselves a good civil rights lawyer who can represent you in every citation case.

Find yourself a good lawyer who...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental and Patents (Intellectual Property) for California on
Q: My friend patented in Mexico a new way to clean water in the oceans. Would like to sell here in USA.
Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek answered on Apr 7, 2019

Your friend's patent will only protect him/her from the competition within Mexico. If your friend did not patent it with the USPTO, anyone will be able to practice the invention in the US, but so nothing for your friend to sell. What does your friend want to sell?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for California on
Q: If I been given a UD filed Feb 1st, 2019, but still no court as of yet. Can I still sue them in small claims court?

Breach of Contract and Covenant of Quiet Enjoyment, Owner and Manager for harassment, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, outrageous conduct, extreme and outrageous conduct by the Owner and Manager with the intention of causing, or reckless disregard of the probability of causing,... Read more »

Thomas A. Grossman
Thomas A. Grossman answered on Mar 18, 2019

I don't understand your statement of "No Court," which I assume means there has been no Court date set. You need to go on the internet and find the nearest Court in your County. Then log in to that Court Website and look for a case number. If you received papers from the Court you... Read more »

Q: Is the city responsible for property damage caused by limbs falling from the city trees? After a limb falling on my car.

Limbs have fallen from the two trees on both sides of the tree limb that hit my car causing $2,000.00 damage to my vehicle

Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq. answered on Jan 14, 2019

The property owner (be that the city or a private owner) may be liable if the limbs fell due to improper maintenance. You can report this to your car or home insurance for them to pursue against the owner of the property. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue.... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Environmental for California on
Q: First time for concealed machete?

never been in trouble as juvenile and adult, first time ever.

Wais Azami
Wais Azami answered on Jul 31, 2018

Was a there a question???

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Environmental for California on
Q: Can you please show me where can I find out if workers compensation still owes me money from the state of California
Steven James Foster
Steven James Foster answered on Feb 15, 2018

You can look on the California State Controller's web site

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for California on
Q: Can I sue a company for mishandled regulated chemicals

My roommate works in pest control in California with regulated chemicals but does his work clothes laundry here in the shared apartment units when I know other companies pay to have their uniforms done by a professional cleaning service is it illegal for his company to not provide laundry service... Read more »

Gregory Andrews Cade
Gregory Andrews Cade answered on Oct 29, 2017

If you did not suffer a severe injury as a result of exposure to the chemicals on your roommate’s work clothes, taking legal action against the employer will most likely be a fruitless endeavor. Whether the practice of having workers clean their own uniforms is legal highly depends on what... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Environmental and Health Care Law for California on
Q: My child is sick due to a roach infestation as a tenant I want to take legal action against landlord what are my option

We have paid ourselves several times to bomb and spray home because landlord sent out non-licensed pest guy Wich did nothing *literally* and Wich he is her "handy man" and very likely to be an illegal immigrant (I am of Latin race, not racists) and so this roach infestation has only... Read more »

Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez answered on Aug 9, 2017

Call an attorney that can help you with your habitability problem. You nay have a breach of the warranty of habitability. You may be able to recover damages, especially if your son has developed medical complications. Best of luck!!!

5 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for California on
Q: Trying to find a lawyer for a toxic mold situation in my mother's senior apartments. What kind of lawyer do I need

have pictures and lab results

Gerald Barry Dorfman
Gerald Barry Dorfman answered on Jun 12, 2017

Many personal injury attorneys handle these types of cases.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Agricultural Law, Environmental and Land Use & Zoning for California on
Q: Can I get a license to grow and harvest marijuana on my farm in Nebraska?

Marijuana was planted for rope and soil health pre WWI. We currently eradicate marijuana with herbicides and grow corn and soybeans. Costco sells hemp seeds from Thailand and paper can be made from the fiber (instead of trees)...what is the possibility of growing legal marijuana on the farm?

Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq. answered on Jun 1, 2017

Contact a Nebraska lawyer. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.