Sacramento, CA asked in Car Accidents, Consumer Law, Contracts and Lemon Law for California

Q: Is it possible to return a used car and get refunded for intermittent everyday starting the engine problems?

I bought a used car from VW Ventura

And the car is broken from day 1

I'm have intermittent problems when i try to start the engine won't work

I returned the car to the dealer the next day and they refused to take in for the car not showing an engine check sign

The 2nd day i record 3 videos for the problem

Then they take it in

Now they have the car for over a week and they did not figure out what was going on

So i asked them if it's possible to return the car and get refunded

They refused

You can't change your mind!!

While i saw a sign that California law requires a seller two day to cancelation if there's a problem with the used car - they told me that a paper i had to sign to request that but they didn't offered me anything like that!

Now i only used the car for 2 days because they refused to take it from day one

And second day was Sunday and the service was closed

Is it possible by law to return the car for such condition?

2 Lawyer Answers
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez PRO label
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Berkeley, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The used car dealers have to obey the law. Hire the “Lemon Lawyer” And let him handle your case. Best of luck.

Bruce Alexander Minnick agrees with this answer

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

it sure sounds like they are in the wrong on many levels but it is also not the type of case i handle.

you need to contact a lawyer...maybe a lemon law lawyer........... but i suspect most lawyers will only get involved on an hourly basis.

if the cost was $10,000 or under, consider suing in small claims court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.