Q: Can I be evicted in 48hrs without being mailed or personally delivered the eviction notice Can I sue for treble damages

I was slandered, potential buyers were scared away and denied to buy my home. I do not receive any phone calls back from my messages I leave for them. Can I still sell or move my trailer? Not sure what to do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Fowlerville, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: If you own the trailer, you can always move it -- assuming it is still possible to move in one piece.

As for the rest of the question, without details it is impossible to understand what if anything you can do. "Substituted service" rather than personal service is acceptable for eviction only, so there is that, and whether or not you can sue for 2x 3x or 100x your damages is not something that is easy to answer in a public forum, but please understand anyone can sue for anything, WINNING that lawsuit is another issue altogether. Please don't abuse the legal system by trying to throw things up in court to 'see what sticks' -- get real legal advice and follow that advice.

-- This answer is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney/client relationship.

I am licensed to practice in Michigan only. Please seek competent local legal help if you feel you need legal advice

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.