Buena Park, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: I want to know if someone in a domestic partnership moves out of state to help family, would that void the DP.

That person was still getting mail at the home with the partner in CA. That person was only gone for 6 months. The other person in the DP was suppose to eventually move to the one that was already out of state.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You posted this question here 3 times and I don't see anyone jumping to answer you, so I will give it a shot. If your DPS is memorialized in writing, you need to look at that to see how it applies to this situation. If it is not, then you need to discuss this with a family law attorney, there are plenty in Buena Park, and areas nearby. Several are listed here. Your question does not indicate what you are getting at? Are you trying to void the DPS? Are you trying to keep someone in a DPS that wants to leave? What is the point of your question? More information is needed to be able to evaluate it and you should not be providing some personal information on a public forum.

Take your situation to a Family Law Attorney.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

It is not necessary to post something 3 times. You have to refresh your browser to see the question get posted.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.