Pueblo, CO asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Legal Malpractice for Colorado

Q: How do i remove a felony charge that i shouldn't have been charged with according to the definition of the law used?

in 2002 i was charged in colorado for possession/knowledge of possession of explosives/incendiary device, but the definition section of that law discredits the materials my roommate had (materials used to reload ammunition, and or black powder muskets) my public defenders failed me and mislead me to take a "plea bargin". I was credited time served (30days in jail) and sentenced to 30 days house arrest and 3 years supervised probation. My probation officer didn't think i should be supervised so down graded me to unsupervised probation and ended probation early when i had paid my fines off. Sentencing was in jan.2003 and all was completed by mid 2005. I was under the impression that all my rights would have been reinstated automatically after 10 years from completion according to colorado constitution, c.r.s., united states constitution, and u.s.c. what can i do to remedy this situation now that the laws have changed?

1 Lawyer Answer
Donald C Eby
Donald C Eby
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You may qualify to have your Criminal Record Sealed. See the below link for more info:


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.