Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Colorado Legal Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice and Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: (COLORADO)Is it legal for one county to release someone on bail knowing that they have warrants in another county?

Boulder County being the releasing county and Weld County being the county with active warrants.

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Apr 28, 2023

Yes, it is legal. It may be mandatory depending upon the facts and circumstances. Weld Cnty has a limited period of time to show up to transport once bond is posted in Boulder Cnty. Depending on what charges are pending in Weld Cnty, the sheriff has to make a decision whether the cost of the... View More

Q: Can someone please help me understand what exactly happened with this case, with the paperwork I have from a 2008 case?

I have the documents from the dates and filings of the entire case I just can't understand exactly what happened with all the abbreviations and legal terms I'm looking for someone to help me understand it

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Oct 2, 2023

This is a question and answer forum. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney in or near the county where the case in question was and bring the case documents with you for an explanation. If the documents are not too voluminous, you should be able to get your questions as to... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Legal Malpractice for Colorado on
Q: Can I sue my employer's immigration lawyer for my PERM denial due to the mistake made by the law firm?

I worked for an organization for around 6 years on H1-B visa and my employer filed my PERM during the 5th year of my H1-B. My PERM got denied due to a mistake made by the law firm and I got terminated from the job due to visa max out. I changed my status to a different visa that doesn't allow... View More

Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
answered on Jun 27, 2023

You bring out an interesting question, as you are not the client, but you are the third party beneficiary of the attorney-client relationship. I am aware of a case (in Nevada) that was lost on this issue, but it would need to be researched further and, in particular, your state's laws.

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law and Legal Malpractice for Colorado on
Q: If I send an attorney an email is it the same as sending a letter certified mail

Where or how do I get my answers

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 11, 2020

A Colorado attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for four weeks. As a GENERAL matter, email could provide proof that a communication was sent. Whether it is given identical treatment could depend on the context and setting. In the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, there is... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Legal Malpractice for Colorado on
Q: How do i remove a felony charge that i shouldn't have been charged with according to the definition of the law used?

in 2002 i was charged in colorado for possession/knowledge of possession of explosives/incendiary device, but the definition section of that law discredits the materials my roommate had (materials used to reload ammunition, and or black powder muskets) my public defenders failed me and mislead me... View More

Donald C Eby
Donald C Eby
answered on Jul 25, 2020

You may qualify to have your Criminal Record Sealed. See the below link for more info:

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Legal Malpractice for Colorado on
Q: I was decieved, lured in, driven to an unknown location, held,questioned, and left there. What should I do?
Brian K. McHugh
Brian K. McHugh
answered on Apr 10, 2019

Not enough information provided. For starters, who did these things to you?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Legal Malpractice for Colorado on
Q: Can my son get a review if his attorney made him take a plea that was vacated right after for 35 c inafective assistance

His sentence was vacated becouse of something his attorney did wrong but we did not know what to do at that point cuz he fired her an she was unwilling to help she dident answer calls he never wanted to take a deal but he was in jail almost 3 years fighting the case had 2 attorneys drop his case an... View More

Mr.  H. Michael Steinberg
Mr. H. Michael Steinberg pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 12, 2019

I am unclear on what you mean by review. Please clarify your wants and expectations. Not enough facts.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy and Legal Malpractice for Colorado on
Q: I need clarification. My atty filed a bankruptcy appeal and says she's working pro bono and that I am confused.

I need clarification on a question. My ex and I hired an atty to reopen a bankruptcy to include a PI case. She filed an appeal then sent contracts. When I ask questions she sends long emails and threatens to make me act as my own atty but won't answer my questions. She told my ex she is... View More

Kevin Scott Neiman
Kevin Scott Neiman
answered on May 6, 2018

A good attorney will give his or her preliminary assessment of the case, go over fee arrangements, and discuss with the client whether the case makes sense for the attorney-client team.

You want a lawyer you feel comfortable with. Someone who responds to you with intelligence and...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Divorce, Family Law and Legal Malpractice for Colorado on
Q: If a ex-spouse is receiving free legal help (pro bono) could that be considered as income or in-kind income

My former spouse is receiving pro-bono representation. Could receipt of pro-bono income be considered when calculating child support?

John Hyland Barrett III
John Hyland Barrett III
answered on Jul 7, 2017

Although gifts can be considered income, such as free rent, I do not think probono representation will be counted.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Colorado on
Q: Is it unethical that my own lawyer for my business represented my partners against myself when we had a dispute?

This law firm had represented our business for 3 years.

Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
answered on Feb 8, 2017

It depends. If the lawyer is representing the business and the business has a claim against you for some business related actions, the representation may be allowed. On the other hand, if there is no clear distinction in who the lawyer was representing, there may be a conflict of interest. Note,... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Support and Legal Malpractice for Colorado on
Q: How can I get them to reverse the order for child support when I've proven n court that I have and always have had my ki

And we r married

Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
answered on Jan 2, 2017

I am not sure what you are asking... If you have a ruling that you disagree with you can appeal.

If you resubmit this question with a little more background information, a better answer can be provided.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.