Dayton, OH asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Consumer Law and Land Use & Zoning for Ohio

Q: If the landlord allowed me to put 15,000$ of work into his house and Now he trying to evict me, can I sue for that mone

I been living in this home for 16 years and i finally decided to ask him can I put some work into the home and it costs me 15,000 and it made the value of the home go up, he can now charge $800 instead of 200$ in rent, So he wants to evict me out of the house, can I sue for that money out of that house.

1 Lawyer Answer
Taylor P Waters
Taylor P Waters
  • Worthington, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You may have a case for unjust enrichment, contact an attorney to discuss how to file the claim and what you need to allergies

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.