Sugar Land, TX asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Texas

Q: Hurt back at work. got on workers comp. been on it for a year and a half. had a lawyer for a year. we're are coming up

on the finalization. I have a very good case I know we would have this. My second W.C. adjusters own doctor appointment is this Thursday. The lawyers emailed me today with some very bogus untrue reasons that they are not taking this farther because we wont win the case in court. I'm not done. this is so obvious that my injury is not something I could have worked with before the injury date. I'm being left with Impairment. Ill never be able to work in my field again. They left me in the dirt in Texas

2 Lawyer Answers
Daniel John Christensen
Daniel John Christensen
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I am sorry to hear about what happened with your lawyer. While I don’t know enough about your situation to give you any advice here, I can advise you to seek new representation as soon as possible. In Texas, personal injury lawsuits must be filed no later than two years after the event. The closer you get to that date, the tougher it will be to find another lawyer to take on your case. I wish you the best of luck.

Dan Christensen.

1 user found this answer helpful

Tim Rose
Tim Rose PRO label
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Pleasant Grove, UT

A: It sounds like you are getting a medical evaluation or IME to determine the level of impairment you have on a permanent basis. Once you have the medical report from this doctor, you can make a better decision as to the best course of action to take.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.