Rochester, NY asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Real Estate Law and Federal Crimes for New York

Q: How can I file a suit on tom aini and the hornell police sheriff's dept state police and the city hall brian schu lawyer

I have evidence in drug activity corruption harassment sexual harassment I all listed above and a few other officials in the city

1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan R. Ratchik
Jonathan R. Ratchik
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: If you wish to report corruption involving local and state elected officials, you should report the matter to the Office of the Comptroller, , which is charged with fighting corruption. You do not have legal standing to file suit on such matters. As for sexual harassment, you can either hire an attorney to represent you (you can find many sexual harassment attorneys using the Find a Lawyer tab on the JUSTIA homepage) or file a complaint with New York State's Division of Human Rights,

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.