Thornton, CO asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Civil Rights for Colorado

Q: Needing to find a lawyer for wrongful termination, discrimination and retaliation against a company policy. HELP?!

I was just terminated due to violating company policies. Supervison stated I wasn’t following their company credit card policy procedures due to one transaction I had that was over $150,000 when another director(manager) was there during this transaction as well. The policies were never explained to me accurately nor was it properly imposed during the entirety I was employed with the company. Other managers throughout the company has made same violations, even violating multiple company policies at the same time, and many more policy violations but have never received disciplinary action or as severe as what they claim they’ve terminated me on. I’m needing to find a lawyer to see what I can do as I don’t feel this was justified termination especially when other managers have done worst and the same, and another manager was with me during the incident. They terminated me on a “possibility” a chargeback would take place but others were not treated the same, please help?!!

1 Lawyer Answer
Niran Grimberg
Niran Grimberg
  • Employment Law Lawyer

A: A lot more needs to be known regarding your situation in order to assess whether you have any legally actionable claims. I highly recommend you have a free consultation with an employment attorney so see whether you have been discriminated or retaliated against for any unlawful reasons.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.