Q: Is there anything i can do a night before the writ of possession is executed by the sheriff tomorrow?

I have the grant deed to my property and i have failed to make it to court, the papers i was given had incorrect spelling of my name and the plaintiffs name was not even the person involved in the case so i thought they were a hoax but the sherrif showed up saying i have 5 days and tomorrow being the day they will come lock me out what can i do? i have 2 disabled children that need to start school i dont know what else to do

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need a lawyer.

You should have asked this question a month ago.

Now it is too late to do anything but be prepared to leave and take as many of your belongings that you can take with you. But you still need a lawyer. Look up the Orange County Bar Association's website and go to their Lawyer's Referral Service (LRS). They should be able to refer you to any number of low cost attorney help lines.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.