Fresno, CA asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for California

Q: How do i get EDD IN CALIFORNIA to give me my unemployed benefits from a year ago

I was granted in Aug of 2020 374.00 a week.i had to do a 5 week penalty and pay 600.00 in fines. I completed the 5 weeks and paid the fine. I receive a notice that they switched my award over to the pandemic assistance and changed my award to 167.00 a week i asked a person whyv they did that she said probably so i wouldn't have to do the penalty faze i explained to her i already did my penalty thing. Finally after about a month they switched i t b ack to 374.00 but they had sent 4 payments of 167.00 talked to a tier 2 specialist twice and twice they said my back pay was approved the difference of the 2 plus was owed 2 more weeks never got my back pay or the other 2 weeeks i was owed. About 6 mos ago i think i received a notice in the mail of a judgement in favor of EDD for 600.00. What can i do to im really pissed because i never got my benefits . Their playing with people's lives and they dont care. I need help or ill do something drastic. Paul m

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Get an employment law attorney to assist you with this. There are some good employee lawyers in your area, just do a Google search for unemployment lawyers in Fresno County and you will find some good ones. You can also go to the Fresno County Bar Association's website and use their lawyer referral service (LRS) to help ( Just cut and paste this link in your browser to start.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.