Cathedral City, CA asked in Civil Rights, Real Estate Law and Collections for California

Q: What is the deadline to appeal a no show civil judgement. Told 6 moths. July 2: 2021. If can’t find attorney what form

Mess with hiring Feb did not show for DJ. Plaintiff new i hired atty they t hearing July 2021 I did ca. I did not hear 1day ojust meet confir 90 days. I am disabled live bed can’t sit. Everyday same. I sent email, on 7/2 said any day 1 to 5. No response . 7/6 at 1 sent email from vet, inform him in emergency with my dog. He was aware my dog illness. Leg amp 9/17, on 1/12/21 bone cancer had 2 to 3 mths. She died 7/10. I cont, to email attn, no response. No idea why. Even found many pending email iPad not res.

Last email send mid Sept. Veri the court date. No response. I used the date I had inserted on ipad during July 2, hearing.. I always check, I don’t trust my memory due to disability. at night, could not get court and forgot during day,tried web page ugly.

I had wrong date plantiff knew.HOA attorney turned in filings that said I offered one date and time only. Was a horrific week first week July. But I gave him 16 hours to pick from. Plaintiff also knew me not walking.

1 Lawyer Answer
Yelena Gurevich
Yelena Gurevich
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Studio City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: to appeal is 60 days.

to file motion to vacate: California Code, Code of Civil Procedure - CCP § 663a- "Within 15 days of the date of mailing of notice of entry of judgment by the clerk of the court pursuant to Section 664.5 , or service upon him or her by any party of written notice of entry of judgment, or within 180 days after the entry of judgment, whichever is earliest."

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.