Modesto, CA asked in Criminal Law, Identity Theft, Sexual Harassment and White Collar Crime for California

Q: can i be convicted if i was basically bullied into it with no choice for fear of my saftey?

my roomates pimp made a scam in which i was told i had to cash these checks, they we or else and then they made threats, they took the $$ affter cashed. i am in court facing time right now. the couple was doing this toher people as well.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: i strongly suggest you either retain an attorney or ask the court to appoint the public defender at your first appearance.

a good criminal lawyer will evaluate what evidence they have against you...............

however, If someone tells you to murder your next door neighbor, that would not be a defense.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.