City of Saint Peters, MO asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Contracts, Education Law and Internet Law for Missouri

Q: This is a pretty difficult case. It includes 5 people, and the ultimate lawsuit is against ASU. I said no to arbitration

The case starts with discrimination and a huge negligence issue all the way to the Dean of that building. Then the VP of Student affairs emailed me several times (she didn't know I was cc'd) with three employees I don't knit l know, misrepresenting themselves as the President of ASU. There's obviously a lot more to explain and I do have documentation of every thing I just said. I'm in Missouri, my child goes to asu. She is a first year student, and gay. It was not discrimination from other kids. It was very high up, the highest up, in the university. I was just about to file it anyway. A motion with Order to Show cause. Obviously I don't have money to fight a university. Any advice?

1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: All I can discern from your post is the your child was the victim of some sort of discrimination based on sexual orientation and that you cannot afford to pay an attorney by the hour to represent her. I suggest you contact some attorneys who handle discrimination matters and see if anyone would agree to represent your daughter on a contingency basis.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.