Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Missouri Internet Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Sexual Harassment and Internet Law for Missouri on
Q: i am a foreign exchange student in US. my friends sent nude pics to girl from my phone . am i gonna get in trouble

they used my phone, but there is no nude pics of me. and that girl said that i didnt do anything wrong. it was only my friends

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Nov 18, 2023

If your friends used your phone to send nude pictures without your knowledge or consent, it's important to understand that you could still face legal issues, especially if the pictures were sent to a minor. The fact that the pictures did not depict you might be helpful, but it does not... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Contracts, Education Law and Internet Law for Missouri on
Q: This is a pretty difficult case. It includes 5 people, and the ultimate lawsuit is against ASU. I said no to arbitration

The case starts with discrimination and a huge negligence issue all the way to the Dean of that building. Then the VP of Student affairs emailed me several times (she didn't know I was cc'd) with three employees I don't knit l know, misrepresenting themselves as the President of ASU.... View More

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
answered on Dec 24, 2022

All I can discern from your post is the your child was the victim of some sort of discrimination based on sexual orientation and that you cannot afford to pay an attorney by the hour to represent her. I suggest you contact some attorneys who handle discrimination matters and see if anyone would... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Missouri on
Q: Would there be legal recourse to someone posting dating related history on social media under the name of the accused?

Missouri- A friend was posted in the group Are we dating the same guy which is a newer Facebook group where women can post about men to warn other women. There were many comments about how he has cheated, lied, insists on not wearing condoms while telling girls he is exclusive and other not great... View More

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Aug 25, 2023

If the history posted is substantially true, then the person likely has no legal recourse.

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Identity Theft and Internet Law for Missouri on
Q: I am needing an attory to assist me in getting some accounts closed online due to them being hacked can this be done?

I have a facebook account as well a paypal account that have been hacked and I have not been able to get either company to help me with getting them closed. I know who maybe behind this but that is a different story but I am up against the wall and want them closed and my cell phone numbers... View More

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
answered on Feb 17, 2021

An attorney could contact the companies on your behalf and hopefully be taken seriously.

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Collections, Identity Theft and Internet Law for Missouri on
Q: Is it legal for a lawyer to ask for a SSN online through an email address?

My boyfriend has some inheritance coming in and can’t touch it unless he’s married... he has asked me to pretend to be his fiancée in order to get his inheritance and to contact his lawyer and I emailed his lawyer but I never met his lawyer in person... his lawyer emailed me back and wanting... View More

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
answered on Apr 21, 2020

Two things.

1. I suggest you ask the lawyer why he is requesting this information. Perhaps he needs it for the work to be done. Perhaps he wants that information so that if you and your bf hire him and then don't pay having this information will make it easier to collect a judgment...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for Missouri on
Q: Can an employee discuss other employees start and end dates

On social media

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
answered on Feb 6, 2019

I doubt this would constitute public disclosure of private facts, which is a tort in Missouri.

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for Missouri on
Q: How can I stop a survey site from sending me emails. I have tried unsubscribing numerous times and closed my account.

I have also tried contacting them and have not received any responses.

Brian Lehman
Brian Lehman
answered on Jan 30, 2017

You can contact the Federal Trade Commission ("FTC") and file a complaint here:

You can forward unwanted or deceptive messages to the Federal Trade Commission at Be sure to include the complete spam email, the sender's...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.