Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Arbitration / Mediation Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Missouri Arbitration / Mediation Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Family Law for Missouri on
Q: Can I change my mind after mediation if nothing was signed?

My husband has had his son in his care for his whole life. He had filed for custody and was sent to mediation. The mediator made him feel bad for not letting his birth mom see the child. He agreed to 50/50 custody, but the mom never signed the papers

Fast forward two months she sent him... View More

Kelisen  Binder
Kelisen Binder
answered on Apr 5, 2024

Mediation itself is typically not binding unless the parties involved reach a mutually agreed-upon settlement that is then documented in a binding agreement and submitted to the Court. One of the tenants of mediation is the understanding that the parties may speak to individual counsel after... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Contracts, Education Law and Internet Law for Missouri on
Q: This is a pretty difficult case. It includes 5 people, and the ultimate lawsuit is against ASU. I said no to arbitration

The case starts with discrimination and a huge negligence issue all the way to the Dean of that building. Then the VP of Student affairs emailed me several times (she didn't know I was cc'd) with three employees I don't knit l know, misrepresenting themselves as the President of ASU.... View More

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
answered on Dec 24, 2022

All I can discern from your post is the your child was the victim of some sort of discrimination based on sexual orientation and that you cannot afford to pay an attorney by the hour to represent her. I suggest you contact some attorneys who handle discrimination matters and see if anyone would... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Small Claims for Missouri on
Q: I was fired from my job without explanation and without witnesses. I received my termination agreement 4 days after

asking for it several times, and which included paragraphs holding the co. harmless re: age discrimination and other things. This was not discussed at the termination nor covered in the Employee Handbook. They are holding my last promised pay until I agree to this. I have email trail. Missouri is... View More

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
answered on Nov 14, 2022

Attorneys are not allow to solicit business through their responses on Justia. You'll have to reach out to an attorney directly.

There is a good Missouri statute on unpaid wages but it must be followed strictly in order for the clock to start ticking on the employer. Some attorneys...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Criminal Law, Employment Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Missouri on
Q: I feel like my landlord is engaged in Harassment and Stalking

Last summer, I was homeless. I started working for a guy that started renting a house to me. I worked 7 days a week nearly 14 hours a day. I took a day off and let him know beforehand. He would call asking where I was and I would remind him I was taking a day off. He would then start calling me... View More

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
answered on May 14, 2023

You didn’t ask a legal question. A reasonable next step would be to hire a local attorney to write a letter to your landlord.

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Collections and Land Use & Zoning for Missouri on
Q: Okay we bought a pool through Blue world pools pretty much got scammed lien on home how can we get out of this ?

We live in Missouri and we want to know how can we get the lien off of our property the blue world pool is removable they can come get it we just want out of all of it they're ripping us off

Barry W. Kaufman
Barry W. Kaufman
answered on Nov 18, 2022

You will need to retain an attorney to determine whether you can get out of your contract.

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Missouri on
Q: Can I sue my publishing complany since they have breeched their contract? They're 6 mo. past their schedule.

I have a publishing contract that has not allowed me to publish with anyone else during this time. The contract was signed january 18th, 2021 and the company had 220 maximum days to complete the contract. They have done zero promotion of the book, as it is in the contract, have not even sent me the... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Mar 5, 2022

I'm sorry your question remains open for a month. A Missouri attorney could advise best, but any attorney would likely want to review the terms of the contract before offering meaningful guidance. You could reach out to Missouri attorneys to discuss. This is posted under Arbitration/Mediation.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Missouri on
Q: My son's phone was damaged by 2 boys at school. They admitted it, parents agreed to pay. Now they refuse.

I reported it to school and the boys admitted to it & the parents said they'd pay to repair it so I filed a claim with my insurance company. The deductible turned out to be $225. Upon hearing that amount the parents now don't want to pay. They expected the screen repair was only going... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Oct 28, 2018

sue them in small claims

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Missouri on
Q: Father and mother not married. Mother has custody of child. Father dies without will. Does child inherit? What is next?

Custody of child and support of child was settled by arbitrator. Child was with father every other weekend, and a specified time during each week. Mother was awarded child support, but father never paid. Situation may be adversarial.

Jonathan Craig Reed
Jonathan Craig Reed
answered on Nov 21, 2013

Since the father acknowledged the child the child will be one of the intestate heirs. There may be other heirs depending on all of the facts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.