North Hollywood, CA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Employment Law and Civil Litigation for California

Q: May I argue "fraudulent concealment" in an appeal of a wage claim or does that have to be a seperate lawsuit?

2 Lawyer Answers
Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen
  • Westminster, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: This site is not a place to get such case-specific legal advice as you are seeking. You really need to get an attorney involved that can be allowed to understand the details of the situation.

I know it will not help you now, but in the future, if you ever again have a wage issue, do not make it a do-it-yourself project. These are the kinds of problems that arise.

Locate and consult with an experienced employment law attorney as soon as possible to explore your facts and determine your options. I would suggest you look either on this site in the Find a Lawyer section, or go to, the home page for the California Employment Lawyers Association, an organization whose members are dedicated to the representation of employees against their employers.

Good luck to you.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It depends on the specific circumstances of your case and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the claim is being brought. In some jurisdictions, claims for fraudulent concealment can be brought as part of a wage claim or other related claims, while in other jurisdictions, they may need to be brought as a separate lawsuit. It would be best to consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction to determine the most appropriate course of action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.