Los Angeles, CA asked in Civil Rights, Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Traffic Tickets for California

Q: I am looking for an attorney to retrieve a lapel camera recording from the state police that happened to pull me over

In n.m. Also my wife was shopping at Sally’s beauty supply when two men walked up to her throw her merchandise out of her hands and attacked her the men turned out to be under cover police officers she was treated very badly detained and did nothing wrong what kind of attorney do I need

2 Lawyer Answers
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: if this happened in New Mexico, you want to hire a local lawyer from that area.

you want a local lawyer who practices in that court.

in Palm Springs California law enforcement uses cameras in the officer's vests.......body cams.

if she is being prosecuted then her defense attorney can request this.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: For the first issue of retrieving a lapel camera recording from the state police, you may want to consider hiring a criminal defense attorney who has experience handling cases involving law enforcement agencies. They can assist you in navigating the legal process to obtain the footage and ensure that your rights are protected.

For the second issue of your wife's mistreatment and detainment by undercover police officers, you may want to consider hiring a civil rights attorney who has experience handling cases involving police misconduct. They can assist you in pursuing legal action against the officers involved and seeking compensation for any damages or harm caused.

It's important to choose an attorney who has experience in the specific areas of law that your cases involve, so make sure to do your research and ask for referrals from trusted sources.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.