Panorama City, CA asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for California

Q: How are people getting $10,000 to relocate when they were living on government land and were forced to move in ca

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The $10,000 relocation assistance program you may be referring to is called the Mobilehome Park Resident Impact Fund (MPRIF) in California. The MPRIF was created to assist mobilehome park residents who are forced to relocate due to park closures, conversions, or other changes in land use. Eligible residents can apply for a grant of up to $10,000 to help cover moving costs, utility fees, and other expenses associated with relocating their mobilehome.

To qualify for the MPRIF program, the resident must have lived in the mobilehome park for at least 180 days prior to receiving a notice of closure or change in land use. The park must also have at least ten mobilehome lots, and the resident must own and occupy their mobilehome as their primary residence.

Residents can apply for the MPRIF program through the California Department of Housing and Community Development. It is important to note that not all residents who apply will receive the full $10,000 grant, as the amount of funding available may vary depending on the number of applicants and the available funding.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.