Q: What can be done about an insurance company not complying to pay for property damage in a no fault auto accident

My husband was in an auto accident driving his brothers truck. the insurance company ruled he was at no fault but, they are not wanting to pay the property damage. No lawyer wants the case because there was no injury. Neither insurance company's belong to my husband so we don't know how to handle the situation. His big job box tool box were damaged with numerous of tools. We have pictures of everything that was damaged

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. One option is to continue trying to find an attorney to handle the matter. If still no luck, another is to handle the case on your own. The problem you describe is not uncommon with property-damage-only claims, where it is sometimes difficult to find an attorney to handle the matter on a contingency basis. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.