Q: I work disability one thru NW Works at USDA . IVE WALKED OUT DUE DO ALL THE STRESS OF HARASSMENT , depressions started

Employee of USDA has been verbally harassing me , constantly messing with my cleaning items , his boss also harassing me . My depression has got to the point where I walked out of work. No support from NW Works.

1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew T. Famiglietti
Matthew T. Famiglietti
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Washington, DC
  • Licensed in District of Columbia

A: If you have not already filed an informal complaint with your agency, you should do so immediately. Under the Federal Sector regulations, which cover federal employees, you have 45 days to file an informal complaint of discrimination from the date that discrimination or the date of last retaliation occurred, which could include subjecting you to a hostile work environment. This 45-day deadline is important because, if you don't file the informal complaint with your agency's EEO office, you will lose the right to file an informal complaint. Once your informal complaint is reviewed and investigated by your agency's EEO office, you will receive a letter stating that the informal process is complete, and, if you disagree with the finding by the EEO office, you will be given the right to file a formal complaint within 15 days of the letter closing out the informal complaint process. So it is extremely important to file a formal complaint within 15 days of receiving the right to do so. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.