Dacula, GA asked in Consumer Law, Real Estate Law, Internet Law and Landlord - Tenant for Maryland

Q: Can I take legal action against HABC.org (Housing Attorney of Baltimore City) for False Advertisement?

I have two rental properties in Baltimore City that I wanted to lease out in October 22'. I came across an article/press release online advertising a $1,500 incentive for new landlord's who signed up with program with HABC (Housing Authority of Baltimore City). I begin working with the program and due to their own continuous mistakes and lack of effort, it took me nearly 6 Months to get my units leased through the program which resulted in nearly half of year in lost revenue. Once my units finally were leased they did not honor the $1,500 incentive, I set up a meeting with the Senior Vice President to discuss. When I asked why they did not honor the amount she said there was a mistake in the article and it should have read "Up to $1,500". I told them that it was their mistake and the whole reason I was originally interested, they basically told me it's nothing they can do. They have now since changed the article online but I have screenshots of the original. Do I have case?

1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA

A: Take them to small claims court and good luck. You need to consult an attorney in your local area that practices this kind of law. Thank you for using Justia Ask a Lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.