Pittsburg, CA asked in Family Law, Adoption, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California

Q: What to do when the judge is corrupt and the county prosector is corrupt and they both ignore your Affidavits/evidence?

Allegations were made that I have been involuntarily committed to a psychiatric hospital because I have suicidal ideation and a history of emotional and mental problems according to the prosecutor . Fact I've never been in any mental hospital ever!! And have never been to a psychiatric Dr for mental problems in my life accept for 1 time my mother made me go when I was a kid because I was found to be ADD I was prescribed some riddln. I'm I'm my 40 . So I explained all this to the judge and the judge then ignored every thing I said and sustained it .A Year later in another court because that court sustained this lie they used it to take my new born from the mother and me and ran with this complete lie. So I tried and did explain all this in affidavit and this other judge ,declared me crazy and took my right away to defend myself in court . So they took my parental rights and terminated them .douse this sound right to any one because it's 100 percent true what can i do.

3 Lawyer Answers

A: A judge can be only judge the credibility of witnesses and weigh whatever evidence is presented. Obviously one factor they consider is whether a witness has a logical motive to be untruthful, for example if there is some consequence to that person.

Your attorney’s job, or your job if you are foolish enough to proceed without an attorney in a case, is to thoroughly explore important evidence and to identify any evidence that can corroborate your position.

Just because a judge or prosecutor doesn’t believe you does not mean they’re “corrupt.” It seems more likely that your attorney and you did a poor job cross-examining the witnesses who testified against you and marshaling the evidence in your favor.

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: What you can do is start calling lawyers in your county to see if you can find someone who has experience representing disabled people whose rights have been affected as yours have. Disability rights lawyers are what you need to research.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Facing allegations in court, especially ones that impact your parental rights, is a grave concern. In California, when you believe a judge has acted improperly or if you feel your rights have been violated, you have several potential courses of action. First, consider obtaining legal representation; a skilled attorney can help navigate the complexities of the legal system and protect your rights. Second, if you believe there's corruption or misconduct, you can file a complaint against the judge with the California Commission on Judicial Performance. Similarly, complaints against prosecutors can be made with the State Bar of California.

Ensure that any claims you make are backed by evidence. Appeal rights may exist in your case, so review deadlines and requirements for appeals. Lastly, due to the serious nature of your situation, it's crucial to consult directly with an attorney who can offer guidance tailored to your specific circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.