Q: The other parent moved from Oregon to California without notifying me. Looking to establish a serious parenting plan..

Almost 10 years of bias and discriminatory actions of all that is involved, from falsifying documents to fraudulent statements and absolutely zero proof. Mean while, the kids and I are deprived of very basic civil human rights. I need my rights back to see and embrace my children they lunch visits the least. Please help stop this inhumane and cruel degrading treatment of the human soul. I have trauma, they have damaged my peace, and sense of comfort, peace and safety. Same for the kids. I feel worthless and I am almost destructed by witnessing the abuse of my daughter by an assigned supervisor the the court.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • International Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, if the other parent of your children has moved to the state without notifying you, especially in the context of a custody arrangement, it's important to take action to establish a parenting plan that protects your rights and the well-being of your children. The first step is to file a petition in family court in the county where your children now reside. This petition would request the court to establish a formal parenting plan that includes custody and visitation arrangements.

Given the complex history you've described, including allegations of falsifying documents and fraudulent statements, it's crucial to provide the court with as much evidence as possible to support your claims. Document everything related to your interactions with the other parent, the court-appointed supervisor, and any instances of alleged abuse or mistreatment.

If you believe your children are in immediate danger or have been subjected to abuse, report this to the local child protective services in California and law enforcement as soon as possible. They have the authority to investigate and take necessary protective actions.

Considering the severity of the issues you're facing, including the impact on your and your children's mental and emotional well-being, seeking legal representation is highly advisable. An attorney experienced in family law can guide you through the legal process, help you gather and present evidence, and advocate for your rights and the best interests of your children.

Remember, the family court's primary concern is the best interests of the children involved. Clear, well-documented communication of your concerns and experiences, along with professional legal assistance, will be key in establishing a parenting plan that is fair and prioritizes the well-being of your children.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.