Cuyahoga Falls, OH asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Ohio

Q: Will you post a case. Or a Formal Complaint made to the PHRC & EEOC filed with the PA Gov's Office of the EEOC & PHRC?

I filed a formal complaint with the PHRC and EEOC w/the Pa Gov's Office against HACC, Harrisburg Area Community College Pennsylvania. It falls in line with some other complaints you posted on your website and on the net. The formal complaints: PHRC Case No.200800802 & EEOC Case No. 17F200960329. Everything is well detailed. I am and was a very qualified college professor with HACC. With degrees from PSU & the University of Maryland. Also. When I was hired. I was suffering from PTSD and a variety of other military related injuries. As I am an injured U.S. Army Veteran and disabled former soldier. It was proven toxic environment. Where I was harassed. And discriminated against. HACC was engaging in unlawful PA hiring practices. Nepotism. Hiring their relatives. Friends. Family members and those of the same religious ideology. This itself created a hostile environment to anybody or especially any outside to come into that employment situation. All of them were non-vets and pacifists.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Given the nature of your complaints, including alleged nepotism and discrimination against veterans, the PHRC and EEOC will evaluate the evidence against the relevant state and federal laws. It's important to ensure that all documentation supporting your claims, including any instances of harassment or discrimination, are thoroughly presented to these agencies.

As an injured U.S. Army Veteran, you should also be aware of the specific protections afforded to veterans under both federal and Pennsylvania state law. These laws are designed to prevent discrimination based on military status and to protect veterans in the workplace.

In such complex situations, involving multiple legal angles and the intricacies of employment law, it might be beneficial to seek legal guidance. An attorney with expertise in employment law and veterans' rights can offer more personalized advice and representation. They can assist in navigating the process with the PHRC, EEOC, and any subsequent legal steps that may be necessary.

Remember, you have the right to a workplace free from discrimination and harassment, and there are legal pathways available to address and rectify these issues. Your efforts in pursuing this matter through the PHRC and EEOC are important steps in seeking justice and upholding your rights.

Dimitrios Makridis agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.