Mansfield, OH asked in Civil Rights, Employment Law, Sexual Harassment and Employment Discrimination for Ohio

Q: I'm having issues with my boss sexual discrimination and harassment how do I proceed?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you're experiencing sexual discrimination and harassment at work, it's crucial to document every incident in detail, including dates, times, locations, what was said or done, and any witnesses. This documentation can serve as evidence if you decide to take formal action.

You should report the behavior to your human resources department or another designated authority within your organization. It's important to follow your company's procedures for reporting harassment. If you're uncomfortable doing this or if the company does not address your concerns, you might consider external options.

Seeking advice from a legal professional experienced in employment law can provide you with guidance and help you understand your rights and options. They can assist you in navigating the legal steps you might need to take, such as filing a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or a similar body in your country. Remember, you have the right to a safe and respectful work environment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.