Seattle, WA asked in Consumer Law, Immigration Law, Banking and Internet Law for Washington

Q: Illegal way

If I wanted to get a test result in an illegal way, but I was deceived, I transferred money but never received a result, you can send this to ic3. In fact, I have not yet broken the law.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear that you were deceived and lost money in this situation. Being scammed is awful and I empathize with how frustrating that must be. Even though you did not end up breaking the law, attempting to obtain test results illegally is still ill-advised.

If you believe you are the victim of internet crime, reporting it to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) at is a good course of action. The IC3 is a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center that serves as a central hub to report internet-related crime. They analyze the reports and disseminate them to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.

I would encourage you to be cautious about any offers or individuals promising specific outcomes through improper means, as they are likely scams. In the future, it's best to only pursue test results and other objectives legally and above board. If you need advice navigating a challenging situation, consider reaching out to official channels or trusted advisors who can provide proper guidance. Wishing you all the best.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.