Oklahoma City, OK asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Oklahoma

Q: What kind of case am I dealing with house fire and restoration company billing for uncompleted work and insurance being

Restoration company through the whole house away the insurance company is now not wanting to do things that need to be done this fire was a one room in Feb and we are still not home HELP

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Insurance Claims Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. To answer your question, you're dealing with a property loss or property damage case. It doesn't look like a "Bad Faith" claim (your posted category), since the carrier has the right to verify that work is completed and verified by their adjuster or inspector before issuing payment. I'm sorry for your family's ordeal caused by the fire. This is a matter that will probably require review beyond the brief scope of public Q & A forums - looking at damage reports, estimates, architectural/engineering/construction specs, contracts, change orders, etc. One could only speculate why the house was written off due to one room - it could be that the strength of the overall structure was impacted by the fire - but that's beyond the scope of this forum. One option is to arrange a consult to help you sort things out if the project is overwhelming in its scope. I hope your family could have housing restored at the soonest. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.