Oklahoma Insurance Bad Faith Questions & Answers

Q: Can I get Personal property back like a motorcycle helmet and a bag

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Aug 20, 2018
Keegan Kelley Harroz's answer
If you were arrested your property should have been returned to you when you were released. If it was not returned you need to file the appropriate complaint forms with the jail. You also need to hire an attorney.

Q: A case was filed against me in U.S. District Court, Oklahoma Northern District, on July 5, 2017. Must I have a lawyer?

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Insurance Bad Faith for Oklahoma on
Answered on Nov 30, 2017
Gary Johnston Dean's answer
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. YES, you should hire an attorney, if you haven't already. Representing yourself in Federal Court is much more difficult than in state courts, as I am sure you have learned by now.

Please visit my website, www.GaryJDean.com, and at the bottom of the homepage, "Subscribe" to receive occasional emails on Oklahoma Law, and changes. Thanks, Gary.

Q: My insurance company offered me $25k for totaled car, when my car has NADA clean retail value of $30k. What should I do?

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Car Accidents for Oklahoma on
Answered on Jun 29, 2016
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Lawyers give free consultations. If it did that much damage you may have an injury but just want to say "Oh, my shoulder, that 's nothing..." then months later you get a rotator cuff. So contact a member of the OK Trial Lawyers Assn --they give free consults. Look at your policy--do you have more than 25k in coverage? Sounds to me if OK law is what you said, you should get more.

Q: if I was convicted of a UUMV am I liable for the money the insurance company gave the owner? Car was undamaged, returned

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Insurance Defense, Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Oklahoma on
Answered on Jun 29, 2016
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Presumably they have an appraisers report saying there was damage. You have to prove their wasn't. Won't be that easy.

Q: My daughter jump out of a car after asking driver to stop. Can we sue the woman's insurance company?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Insurance Bad Faith and Car Accidents for Oklahoma on
Answered on Nov 8, 2015
Adam Studnicki's answer
Sorry for your loss. Talk to a local injury lawyer, who can review the details and advise. Yoiur daughter's decision to jump out of a moving care makes it a tough case.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the relevant...

Q: Can a car be siezed and impounded by police for out of date tags?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Insurance Bad Faith and Municipal Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Sep 11, 2015
Robert Jason De Groot's answer
You need to hire an attorney for this. The car has been siezed, yes it has already happened. The point here is that in order to do anything about it, you need to get an attorney.

Q: My daughter was struck from behind & offending drivers ins. not wntng to pay med bills w/out a signed release

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Oklahoma on
Answered on Nov 9, 2013
Howard Berkson's answer
Ordinarily an insurer will want to make a single payment in settlement of the entire matter. There is not enough information here to determine if the settlement attempt is proper or if the settlement amount is in your daughter's best interest. You should consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.