Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Stockbroker Fraud legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Massachusetts Stockbroker Fraud Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud and Elder Law for Massachusetts on
Q: We called lawyer to stop auction. A broker paid mortgage, stopped auction. Now they want us to sell home to pay back.

Will left home to husband and brother. Husband and family live in home and have. Broker paid mortgage. Now want us to sell to reimburse fees. We signed nothing other than ok to stop auction

Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
answered on Dec 21, 2017

This sounds highly unusual and you should meet with an attorney as soon as possible.

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud, Business Law and Real Estate Law for Massachusetts on
Q: can a listing broker (restaurant) keep a forfeited deposit from a potential buyer or does it go to the seller

I have a small restaurant that I am selling, I have it listed with a broker. We had a potential buyer who made a $1,000 deposit. The buyer did not obtain financing, so they forfeited the deposit. The broker kept the deposit. I feel like that should be mine. The broker will earn his money on... View More

Ali Shahrestani,
Ali Shahrestani,
answered on Jul 26, 2017

That sounds problematic. Have a lawyer review your broker agreement. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as myself. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials,... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Massachusetts on
Q: I gave $500 to an owner of two Yorkie's. Now they won't give me the puppies or my money back. What should I do?
Ali Shahrestani,
Ali Shahrestani,
answered on Dec 1, 2016

Small claims court may be a good option. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me on my law practice website. This answer does not constitute legal advice nor does it create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.