Ask a Question

Get free answers to your International Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
North Dakota International Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law, Immigration Law and International Law for North Dakota on
Q: I have an H2A worker that is on our farm since 2023 and needs advise on filing income tax responsibilities

He is waiting on a green card so will continue to stay here till 2025 hoping by then he has his green card. He also did not file taxes in his country in 2021 and 2022 when he went home. Our agent said we did not need to withhold taxes but now that he is staying here and we do not have a tax treaty... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 20, 2024

Understanding and complying with tax laws is crucial, especially for H2A workers like the one on your farm. Since he is from South Africa and has been working in the U.S., he may need to file U.S. income taxes, despite the lack of a tax treaty between the U.S. and South Africa. The requirement to... View More

1 Answer | Asked in International Law and Native American Law for North Dakota on
Q: Hello how do I go about getting rid of the Voice to skull Technology and Remote Neural Monitoring.?

I seek to get rid of the criminals spying on me and potentially illegally broadcasting my life and family’s life to the town, country and world.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 31, 2024

If you're experiencing concerns about privacy intrusion through technologies like Voice to Skull (V2K) and Remote Neural Monitoring (RNM), it's essential to approach the situation with a clear and cautious mindset. These technologies, often discussed in speculative contexts, can evoke... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and International Law for North Dakota on
Q: Is it possible for a non-government person (private citizen) to file criminal charges in federal court?

There is a woman in Los Angeles who has violated federal law, but the United States Attorney there has chosen not to prosecute her.

I have enough evidence to bring her to trial.

Can I myself file a criminal complaint against this woman on behalf of the people of the United States of America?

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Aug 4, 2015

Criminal cases are brought be prosecutors. A local lawyer can confirm.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and it may not work for your...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.