Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
North Dakota Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for North Dakota on
Q: I was parked at my college which i have to pay 185 dollars a year to park and my car window was broken and seats ruined

Is there anything i can do so they have to pay for the damages. Shouldent they have cameras in the parking lot?

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for North Dakota on
Q: I'm waiting for a roofing project to get started which is holding up my other home improvement projects.

I received an email from the company stating: "This is to confirm that we have your roof install set for 8/25-8/26." After sending several emails to the scheduling manager without response, I called the local project manager on Wed, Sept 1 to check the status. He has no idea. I was... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law for North Dakota on
Q: I moved to SC from Georgia in 2019. Paid for taxes, tags and title transfer fee. Finance company reused to transfer now

I was never contacted or notified that this did not take place. I have recently moved to North Dakota and just now discovered this I cannot register my vehicle as I have registration from one state and title in another. I paid taxes for my vehicle when I moved to SC. North Dakota does not have... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for North Dakota on
Q: In North Dakota do all co-owners have to sign quitclaim for 1 owner to transfer their share? (Are all owners grantors?)

Let's say 3 people (A, B, and C) each own 33.3% of a property, & person A wants to transfer their share to persons B and C so that persons B and C each own 50%. Can person A file a quitclaim deed as the grantor and list persons B and C as grantees with only the signature of person A, or do... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Libel & Slander and Traffic Tickets for North Dakota on
Q: I got pulled over for speeding while driving my friends car. I did not know my license was suspended at the time

I found out my license was suspended afterwards for no insurance the cops let me go that nite with no tickets but my friend got charges for drugs and paraphernalia. Now she is blaming me and trying to find a way to put some blame on me-is that possible? The drugs and paraphernalia were found on... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Products Liability, Business Formation and Business Law for North Dakota on
Q: I created a business through LegalZoom that I have no access to. Who's to blame?

I created a business through Legal Zoom a little over a month and a half ago. Nearly everything was filed accordingly, However in my state of North Dakota, once a business is created a one time PIN is given to the owner that will enable you to complete filings and update information online for the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Wrongful Death for North Dakota on
Q: My granddaughter was found in a hotel in Minot, they said she od, but she never did drugs, the cops and emts didn’t do

I want to sue the hotel and the emts and police that didn’t work on her

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury and Products Liability for North Dakota on
Q: I literally own these products and have been having hair loss and excessive shedding should I sue do I have a case

I have two shampoos as well as conditioners in my bathroom now I had no idea my hair shedding/ loss was because of these products which are the Johnson Johnson’s shampoos and conditioner I seen where someone is suing them because of the same reasons is this worth me even pursuing I don’t want... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 23, 2021

A North Dakota attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. At this point, one option is to reach out to firms dealing with the products you were using. Product liability cases tend to involve extensive research and discovery. A firm that has already looked into or... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for North Dakota on
Q: Ok my husband has cuatusy of our son only because of the landlord I have wants johnny seen not heard I'm in process of.o

I'm process of divorce. Ex has 3 domestics against him from me he drink often he abused our eldest daughter. But was never reported. She just recently told me when he was drunk 9nce he tried crawling into bed with her naked what chances 9f me getting child aupprt

Tom Murphy
Tom Murphy answered on Mar 21, 2021

I would suggest proofreading any requests you make for legal advice.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for North Dakota on
Q: How long do you have until your case expires

How many years do you have on a personal injury case before your case expires ?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Mar 25, 2021

A North Dakota attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. If you reached out to law firms in your state, described your matter, and asked what the statute of limitations is, you'll probably reach an attorney who could tell you the time by which you need to file... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for North Dakota on
Q: Is there a certain amount of time to resolve a dui case?
Rick Sand
Rick Sand answered on Mar 3, 2021

This is a very interesting question. In order to give the best answer, it is important to know a few things: Is this a first offense DUI, or does the person have previous DUI convictions? Does the person have an out-of-state driver's license? Was there a chemical test performed (breath, blood,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for North Dakota on
Q: How do I handle harrassment in the work place when it is not considered discrimination?

I am a white, single, gay female. I have no reason to be discriminated against (my employers don't care about me being gay). But that doesn't change the fact that they have been singling me out, holding me to different standards compared to my co workers. I've reported multiple... Read more »

Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer answered on Jan 27, 2021

There is not a lot you can do about verbal harassment that is not based upon your membership in a protected class, aside from reporting it to your supervisor and Human Resources. However, if you are experiencing lasting health complications as a result of COVID, you may be eligible for... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for North Dakota on
Q: Who does Workers Compensation of North Dakota answer to. If I had a complaint who would I talk to.

Why won't a lawyer in ND represent me in front of a law judge. Because injured workers in North Dakota get nothing. Thank you

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Feb 20, 2021

This is something on which a North Dakota attorney attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for four weeks. For insurance matters, most every state has a department of insurance. Situated in Bismarck, there is the North Dakota Insurance Department. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Civil Rights, Employment Discrimination and Health Care Law for North Dakota on
Q: What can I do about harrassment in the workplace? HR and state are not doing anything.

I work for a healthcare company and they have singled me out more than once, along with other CNAs, threatened to fire me over being sick and having car problems. And said if I was sick one more time or late due to car problems I would be fired.

Kyle Anderson
Kyle Anderson answered on Jan 21, 2021

Hello, more information is needed here. General sickness is not protected under any federal law. If your illness is caused by a condition that qualifies as a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you may have some level of protection. There is no protection for car issues. I would... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright for North Dakota on
Q: I have received a copyright infringement notice from my ISP and I have immediately stopped any such activities

I had downloaded a file from torrent and deleted it immediately from my system. I just received a notice that my IP has been associated with such an activity. Now, what can I do?

Steve Charles Vondran
Steve Charles Vondran answered on Dec 24, 2020

You should still consult with a copyright defense law firm so you can see if there might be any future reason to worry. Sometimes things go away, and sometimes they don't. Best to get an idea where you stand after a lawyer reviews the evidence. Is it Strike 3 Holdings by any chance? If so,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for North Dakota on
Q: If the search warrants are quashed,should you still be charged or should it have been dismissed
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Jan 9, 2021

This is highly dependent on what other evidence exists.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law and Civil Rights for North Dakota on
Q: I was racially profiled at a hotel and accused of selling drugs and the manger allowed a warrant to be used to come

Detain me and destroy my property not to mention no drugs where found or evidence that drugs were being sold i actually had an officer tell me that was profiled because of where I was from and how I looked can I take any legal action towards this ?

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Jan 9, 2021

You need an attorney to make a motion on the issue in the criminal case

3 Answers | Asked in Copyright for North Dakota on
Q: If I post a YouTube video with my own self-made song in it, will third parties be able to infringe copyright?

Basically, I have a short "album" of dingy 1:30 - 3:00 songs that I might want to share with the world via YouTube, but there's the nagging fear in the back of my mind that somebody may be able to use it without my permission. I've discovered that I can order other channels to... Read more »

Steve Charles Vondran
Steve Charles Vondran answered on Dec 7, 2020

Each is own, I usually tell my clients that if they think they have something good, they should pay the minimal fee to get it copyrighted through the United States Copyright Office. Small price to pay and puts one in the best position to enforce and stop infringement. This is not legal advice as... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Probate for North Dakota on
Q: My grandmother passed away. Looking over her will with my uncles, she had stated that I receive $25,000. Never got it?

My grandmother passed away in 2014. Before her passing, my uncles and I had seen her will. In it, she stated that all living grandchildren receive $25,000.00. I remember my uncle was upset cause all he was gonna get(which is sad) was the keepsakes. Like grandpa's violin and security safes. I... Read more »

Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm answered on Nov 19, 2020

You are very late in raising these issues. There are statutes of limitation rules that require parties to timely object to an estate administration. You should talk to an estates lawyer in the county where your grandmother died to go over all the details to see if something can be now. Also, if... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.