Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Vermont Divorce Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Vermont on
Q: Have been married 30 yrs, separated 9 of those. I was awarded a personal injury claim recently,

Can my husband get any of it in divorce?

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Nov 12, 2015

Go see a local family attorney for a full discussion.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Vermont on
Q: Do you need a lawyer to file for divorce in vermont
Peter Anderson
Peter Anderson answered on Mar 25, 2014

No. The Family Court is designed to enable parties to represent themselves. All forms needed to do so are available online.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.