Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Foreclosure Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure for New York on
Q: What NYS legal decisions pertain to proof of service? I never received regular mail or certified mail on reopening case.

Plaintiff used affidavits for sending via regular mail and sending certified signature requested, but no signature. No attempts to serve papers personally. I have resided in this home for approximately 20 years.

0 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure, Contracts and Banking for Louisiana on
Q: How do I make demand on Lender for loaning above ownership interest in a property and not disclosing to other owner

Lender loaned monies on immovable proprerty to a person with 50% ownership in indivision beyond their 50% interest. Borrower was under injunction not to encumber the property and lender was provided copy of judgment.

Borrower did not have the means to repay the note.

Coowner... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure for Tennessee on
Q: How can I obtain information on my home that was foreclosure. I need to know who was paid from the sale how much


Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Sep 7, 2021

Contact the trustee that conducted the sale. He will be the grantor in the deed to the highest bidder. Suing for a surplus is difficult but possible, usually on large land tracts.

But that might be the only way to get the trustee's attention.

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure for Missouri on
Q: Can a gated community foreclose on my property the taxes are paid. They have yearly assessments.

I haven't paid my assessments since 2014. They said they can foreclose for my property.

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Consumer Law, Contracts and Foreclosure for Oregon on
Q: The storage units I rented were sold with out proper notice . I was not behind on payments.

They sold my units when I discovered mice. They never sent notice. They never had kept the correct contact info. Ran other customers credit cards while mine sat then charged me late fees. Added my prepaid payments as past due. Tried to cover and made a fake affidavit with a fake notary that does... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Civil Litigation for Missouri on
Q: If my Hoa is entitled to 12% per annum interest but is charging me more than that, would I have a case?

I have been in a billing dispute with my hoa. They will not allow access to records or books as afforded in the bylaws. A previous tenant gave me a copy of the cleared check for a debt the hoa claimed had not paid. I requested access to the records they denied. They hired an attorney and racked up... Read more »

Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg answered on Sep 6, 2021

The association’s declaration and rules & regulations govern.

You would “have a case” if you sue and a case number is assigned. If you don’t pay the disputed charge then I don’t know what damages you’ve suffered. If you do pay the disputed charge and then sue, you’ll...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for North Carolina on
Q: My home is about to go into foreclosure the home I’m renting month to month , do I have to pay rent still

The landlord has to go to court on the 16th , the notice I got says he owes 72000 for 3 homes and if he didn’t pay it’s going into foreclosure

Lynn Ellen Coleman
Lynn Ellen Coleman answered on Sep 3, 2021

Yes, you still have to pay your rent. NC law does not allow tenants to withhold rent. If you do not pay rent, the current owner can sue you for the rent money (even though he has apparently not paid the mortgage). Since you are month to month, he can also terminate your lease with as little as 7... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure for New Jersey on
Q: Does a NJ LLC have charging order protection? That is, only "economic rights" are gained by the winning side.

Economic right are: allocation and distributions. If the winning side only wins Economic Rights, the LLC manager could only give to the winning party "allocations of losses" and no actual dollar distributions.

Answer needs to be specific to New Jersey law regarding limited... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Foreclosure for California on
Q: I have a hard money loan for the house that i occupied! Is this ilegal? To give loan on this terms?
Leon Bayer
Leon Bayer answered on Aug 26, 2021

I think there are initially two issues. What makes you feel this loan is illegal? And, exactly what did you say on the loan application?

Hard money loans are not automatically illegal but normally are made to persons who own a business and are intended for business purposes instead of...
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure for Indiana on
Q: If I purchase a self-storage facility how long do I have to wait to enforce the lien on renters already in default?

I've been told that when I purchase the property I cannot enforce the lien until they have failed to pay me rent and that in essence, they are beginning the 90-day (Indiana requirement) waiting period all over again before an auction can be held for the property in the units that are in default.

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy and Foreclosure for Georgia on
Q: Hello, I have a question related to bankruptcy and home ownership.

I'm a first time homeowner that purchased my home in 1998. I have been living in my home for almost twenty three years. Due to economic hardship, I had to file for chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2010. It has been discharged and no longer showing on my credit report. My question is, what are my rights... Read more »

Lloyd M. Nolan
Lloyd M. Nolan answered on Aug 23, 2021

Well, I hate to tell you, you don't know quite as much as you think you do. You mentioned that you have the option to reaffirm your loan. You most definitely do not have that option, as it was off the table after your Chapter 7 discharged in 2010. To be quite frank, I never advise clients to... Read more »

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure for Georgia on
Q: What if the landlord is saying we owe rent when we dont

We had company 2 weeks ago here when we paid rent and she has cameras and we but more under her front door last week now she said we owe for those 2 weeks and we don't we are not fixing to pay what we don't owe she is lieing

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Copyright, Criminal Law and Foreclosure for California on
Q: president's assassinated they cannot underwriter overwrite any of his laws or public laws th

I have a right to be free from attack from any other state or country while my home state I did man it with the boat last year due to property being sold in my area I can do that short-term limited time arbitration othey in effect and I have a right to be free from attack from any other country or... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Foreclosure, Personal Injury and Products Liability on
Q: Facebook Court Order

Hi there,

My Facebook page has been hacked and I contacted Facebook support teams, they requested me to get a court order, I do not know how can I get it? please

0 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure, Real Estate Law and Tax Law for Arkansas on
Q: How do I stop my home being auctioned for property taxes. I'm 100% disabled.

I applied for homestead credit and was told I was elegible to receive it every year due to being disabled. I was only given the credit for 1 year. I received a notice stating that my home will be auctioned 09/02/2021. Funds and grants are available through HAF but aren't released yet. There... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.