Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Arbitration / Mediation Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Nebraska Arbitration / Mediation Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Child Custody and Family Law for Nebraska on
Q: I recently filed a modification of custody and was told that the next course of action is mediation.

Is it true that evidence brought up during a mediation cannot be brought up in court before a judge. Since i know my ex and i wont be able to agree during mediation.

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jan 10, 2023

At trial, you can generally testify as to what the other party said to you. One exception to this is usually that comments that a person said to you as part of a formal mediation session are not allowed to be disclosed in Court.

Thus, generally yes, statements made in mediation are...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Nebraska on
Q: How do I find a pro bono lawyer to represent me for my son's case in homicide
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jun 18, 2021

He is entitled to a pro bono attorney through the public defender's office. At the first hearing, the Court will ask him if he can afford an attorney. If he says no, the Court will appoint him an attorney pro bono from the public defender's office.

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence, Divorce, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Child Custody for Nebraska on
Q: My wife disapeared and is believed to have gone to Texas with our 4.5 year old son and claiming some kind of abuse.

What are my options? There was no abuse except by her. There is a past though and I just got home from prison in Dec.

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jul 1, 2019

If a spouse leaves with their child and the spouse left behind wants to pursue a divorce, the way to start a divorce action is generally to file a complaint for dissolution of marriage. In Nebraska, one of the spouses must have resided in the State of Nebraska for at least a year before a divorce... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.