Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Entertainment / Sports legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Indiana Entertainment / Sports Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Entertainment / Sports and Environmental for Indiana on
Q: baseball hitting my house, causes damage either to my property or to someone in the house who's liable?

School baseball field almost right next to our backyard, yesterday a fly ball crashed right into our yard a meter from me. I have three kids and I can't help but forsee glass windows breaking and one of the kids getting hurt. The school has a tall-ish fence up however the balls have been... View More

Brandon A. Yosha
Brandon A. Yosha
answered on Apr 6, 2021

First, you should notify the superintendent of the little league program. It is quite possible that the superintendent will take steps to prevent foul balls from colliding into your house (i.e. building additional fencing. You could also hire an experienced Attorney to draft and prepare a temporary... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright and Entertainment / Sports for Indiana on
Q: Is it against copyright laws to have a natural disaster destroy Disney World in a book that I’m writing?

What I want to know is if they can sue me just for briefly mentioning in the book that the park has been destroyed.

Tania Maria Williams
Tania Maria Williams pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 10, 2020

It wouldn't technically be copyright infringement, but please be advised that Disney is VERY litigious and aggressively protects all their intellectual property including their name.

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright and Entertainment / Sports for Indiana on
Q: I'm 17. I want to copyright one of my songs. Is it possible that I can copyright it? Am I able to use it in court too?

Like say I get the copyright while I'm a minor. Someone else tries to claim the song as their own. Will I be able to take that to court and show that it's copyright by me? Even if I am a minor? In the State of Indiana.

Will Blackton
Will Blackton
answered on Apr 14, 2017

Minors may claim copyright, and the Copyright Office issues registrations to minors, but state laws may regulate the business dealings involving copyrights owned by minors.

According to Rule 17 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure: The following representatives may sue or defend in...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Entertainment / Sports, Land Use & Zoning and Municipal Law for Indiana on
Q: My boy wants to have a live show for his rock band in my backyard, can he?Terre haute indiana
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
answered on Sep 19, 2016

A lot depends on the size of your backyard. You should probably review local ordinances on noise, parking, etc. Your municipality or political subdivision will have ordinances on file. If you have any concerns, contact an attorney, or perhaps even your zoning board.

1 Answer | Asked in Entertainment / Sports for Indiana on
Q: My friend will be visting from the UK. the TV station FOX TV wants him to perform 1 song with his band on their station.

There is no money involved here. Is this legal?

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jul 14, 2015

Generally speaking, people can perform their own music for free. The question here is whether it's a problem based on his immigration status in the USA.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.