Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Stockbroker Fraud legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Virginia Stockbroker Fraud Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Stockbroker Fraud for Virginia on
Q: can a felon have his conviction removed from his records without having the crime dismissed?
Steve Miyares
Steve Miyares
answered on May 6, 2018

Not in Virginia. If you were convicted of the offense in Virginia, then the conviction is permanent and can not be removered or expunged from your criminal record.

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud and Real Estate Law for Virginia on
Q: Can real estate salespersons legally set their own commission rate or their supervising brokers have legal final say?

I recently got a real estate salesperson license and I’m not getting enough business if I tell clients I charge full 3% instead they say if I can do 1% or less they will work with me. Is it legal for salespersons to set their own commissions rate without getting approval from their supervising... View More

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Jan 12, 2018

You are a sales agent for your broker. You do not define much of anything for your broker as a matter of law. But, as a practical matter in the marketplace for decades now, agents who produce have more power than their supervising brokers. As long as you are producing and covering more than the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud, Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Virginia on
Q: If a person has 40 charges of identity theft credit card forgery and credit card fraud. What would the punishment be?

Never really been in trouble. The total loss was less than 5,000 and it was done online ordering things. Only evidence is email of the person who used the credit card. 19, were Class 5&6 felony and rest is misdemeanor

Susan Fremit
Susan Fremit
answered on Dec 18, 2017

It will depend on whether the alleged offenses can be proven and if yes, how many the commonwealth will proceed on. Sentencing guidelines may be increased by any prior record you have.

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud for Virginia on
Q: Gud day.can u please gve me some samle cses about obligations and rights of warehouseman upon the receipts
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Aug 4, 2015

This is too general to answer. A local lawyer can advise based on your specific circumstances.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.