Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Delaware Child Support Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Estate Planning and Probate for Delaware on
Q: My ex died with no spouse, will, estate or rep and owed child support. Can our kid get his annuity before his mom?

He was almost $18K in child support arrears and his mom never knew about his annuity, so she never set up probate court. Instead she simply had him cremated. How do I place a lien against his annuity?

Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi answered on Jan 17, 2018

If he owes back child support, and the annuity will pass through probate you can make a claim against the estate for the child support.

The process is complicated, and if your children are all minors their interest in the estate needs to be addressed, and FURTHER if there was a beneficiary...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for Delaware on
Q: I have two kids and my ex-boyfriend will start paying. He has never paid before.

One of the kids are almost 3. The other is 4 days old. And im considered disabled to work.

Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman answered on Jul 25, 2014

Please ask your question.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for Delaware on
Q: When we went to court the mother wasn't working.Now she is married and has a good paying job, can I get payment reduced?

I live in Delaware and she lives in PA and we've been paying for 2.5 years.

Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman answered on Jul 25, 2014

The answer is probably "yes," but I suggest you schedule an appointment with a family law attorney to discuss.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for Delaware on
Q: If someone is earning only 25, 000 a year and is 1,300 a month in child support. Can their payments reduced ?

To help them be able to afford their own bills even they live in Delaware and they pay child support in Virginia?

Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman answered on May 12, 2014

Based on the way you asked the question, it appears that the parent paying child support lives in Delaware, and the child lives in Virginia. In Delaware, the court applies a formula for determining whether to modify child support. If it was a Virginia court that ordered child support and the... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.