Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Environmental legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Georgia Environmental Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI, Agricultural Law and Environmental for Georgia on
Q: is it legal to buy CBD (Hemp) oil THC FREE online and have it shipped to my home if I live in Georgia?
Ecleynne Mercy
Ecleynne Mercy
answered on Mar 8, 2019

The Georgia House just approved a bill that would allow medical marijuana oil to be sold to registered patients, giving them a legal way to obtain a drug that they’re already allowed to use.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for Georgia on
Q: Can a parolee be arrested for missing calls at check in if they have no knowledge and the officer didnt write him up

She text him one time and said he missed a call but on aug. 12 but he was home at that time cause it was some one there also and he had the phone and it show all calls it didnt show that call that dayat all.we feel he has falsely been arrested

David Edward Boyle
David Edward Boyle
answered on Sep 18, 2018

I doubt that the parole violation is based solely upon that one incident. If that is all they have then demand a hearing and retain counsel.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets, Environmental, Municipal Law and Small Claims for Georgia on
Q: In park with friend after hours. No sex, drugs, or alcohol involved. What is the typical fine cost/penalty? Thank you

Got ticket for “in park after closing.” I want to know about how much I’ll have to pay (or if I can get it dismissed or something) and if this is a “serious” offense that would mess up jobs and criminal background checks and whatnot. All help is appreciated, Thank You.

Forrest Clinton Barbour
Forrest Clinton Barbour
answered on Apr 2, 2018

Call the court and ask them the fine amount. SInce you weren't arrested, you won't have an arrest record for this.

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental and Landlord - Tenant for Georgia on
Q: Can I sue for a constructive eviction and get my rent/deposit back? Would I be awarded damages? Is it a good case?

We rent a home damaged by Hurricane Matthew. Landlord told us it was unsafe to return and attempted to clean up all evidence of flooding. He asked us not to mention to anyone that our car which was parked outside the house had flooded up to the windows. He locked our neighbors out because they... View More

Paula J. Mcgill
Paula J. Mcgill
answered on Nov 5, 2016

Based upon the facts you presented, you should be able to get out of your lease because the location is uninhabitable.

As far as the failure to disclose lead paint and asbestos in the house, that is a serious issue. Your children should be tested for lead in their systems.

View More

1 Answer | Asked in Environmental for Georgia on
Q: What are some laws in place to prevent water pollution?
Maxwell Charles Livingston
Maxwell Charles Livingston
answered on May 11, 2012

Certainly the Clean Water Act is a great regulatory rule as it only allows a certain level of discharge. However, there can be additional measures; for example, the Great Lakes Compact encourages even greater levels of control.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.