Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Health Care Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Maine Health Care Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Health Care Law and Military Law for Maine on
Q: How long does OIG & states (Maine) have to put someone on MaineCare/Medicaid exclusion list AFTER RN license Recovation

How long does the federal government (OIG) and individual states have to place someone on the Medicaid/Medicare exclusion list due to their professional RN license being revoked? In other words, how long AFTER the the date the person’s license is revoked do the Feds/State have to place this... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 18, 2023

The Office of Inspector General (OIG) is tasked with maintaining the List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) under which individuals and entities are excluded from participating in federally funded healthcare programs, including Medicare and Medicaid.

When an RN has their license...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Personal Injury for Maine on
Q: Wondering if I would have a case worth pursuing against a hospital who i feel gave an unsafe discharge

~ I was discharged after refusing to take dilaudid after being given fentanyl in the ambulance. I was unable to walk, but given crutches and told to walk anyways. I was unable to use bathroom safely. I was left in waiting room by myself without discharge instructions and with a prescription written... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 25, 2023

A Maine attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for your ordeal. Try to arrange a free initial consult with an attorney - that would be the most definitive way to answer your question. If an attorney felt that you might have the basis for a case,... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Health Care Law for Maine on
Q: Can I sue a company if their product gave me chemical burns?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on May 29, 2017

Contact a member of the Maine Trial Lawyers Assn. They give free contacts.Assuming you were using the product in the way it was supposed to be used, following instructions (including safety gear), you may have a case.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.