Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kentucky Entertainment / Sports Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Entertainment / Sports, Criminal Law, Education Law and Personal Injury for Kentucky on
Q: HS Basketball coach made my son switch his shorts with another players shorts that had blood on it during a game.

Is that legal, exposing him to someone else's blood like that?

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Apr 29, 2018

Not prudent but not criminal unless the blood was infected, the Coach knewcor should have know it was infected, and intended harm to your son.

1 Answer | Asked in Entertainment / Sports and Criminal Law for Kentucky on
Q: Can I be prosecuted if I am a fan refusing to leave a high school sports game (soccer), and the referee asks me to?

I witnessed this happen last fall at a regional tournament, although the guy the ref kicked out was not being offensive to the ref or threatening him. He never cussed him out or anything like that either. He just happened to be the loudest one there. Though this situation has never happened to me... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Apr 18, 2018

The ref does not have the authority to eject or remove anyone from the game or stadium and you do not have to leave. However, if school officials ask you to leave the game, you should leave becacuase if you remain you could be arrested and charged with Criminal Trespass.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Entertainment / Sports and Internet Law for Kentucky on
Q: Is it legal to sell vintage (1960's) pulp/sleaze/erotica paperbacks & trading cards online from Kentucky?

My boyfriend's friend gave him a box of vintage sleaze/erotica paperbacks and trading cards. My bf wants to sell on Amazon & Ebay, which is okay, according to their policies. Is it legal to sell them from Kentucky?

Benton R Patterson III
Benton R Patterson III
answered on Sep 27, 2017

This is most likely alright. If you legally acquired the paperbacks and trading cards, you are free to resell them. The first sale doctrine allows people to resell what the purchase without restriction from the copyright or trademark owner. Although, if they are adult materials, you cannot sell... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.