Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Land Use & Zoning legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Hawaii Land Use & Zoning Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Land Use & Zoning for Hawaii on
Q: Encroachment of a wall on my boundary line is less than one foot.

The wall was built over 20 years ago and a recent survey revealed the wall encroached less than a foot into neighbor’s land.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Feb 11, 2021

A Hawaii attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. You could repost in the Real Estate section. There wasn't a question included, but if you're wondering about adverse possession and other issues arising here, an attorney might need to see the survey and other... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Government Contracts, Intellectual Property and Land Use & Zoning for Hawaii on
Q: Can I hire a paralegal instead of a lawyer for a lawsuit
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 23, 2020

Someone familiar with the rules governing paralegals in Hawaii should answer your question, but your post remains open for four weeks. As a general matter without regard to jurisdiction, paralegals can perform many functions, such as research, preparing forms, investigating claims, etc. Paralegals... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning, Real Estate Law and Probate for Hawaii on
Q: my great great uncles deceased, owned some land on the north shore of Oahu. Where and how can I show documents.

I have information birth death marriage certificates to prove proper identity. Is it legal without documents for someone else to sell, own or divide land or even lease it without title.

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 24, 2019

Yes. As a matter of fact I have a bridge in New York City I would like to sell you.

On a more serious note, you need to find a Hawaii probate attorney to help you probate your uncle’s estate.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning, Patents (Intellectual Property) and Real Estate Law for Hawaii on
Q: I found a Land Patent or Land grant given to my 4th Great Grandpa in 1861 and its signed by Abraham Lincoln how can i cl

How can I claim it?

Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn
answered on Dec 8, 2017

Although we now associate the word patent with the world of inventions as those with a patent given by a government can exclude others from making, using, selling, or offering to sell something covered by the patent rights -- the term patent was used more broadly in earlier times.

View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.