Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nebraska Municipal Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law, Small Claims and Construction Law for Nebraska on
Q: we hired a guy to do our sideing and roof on the house back in september we havent heard from him since what to do
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jan 9, 2023

I assume that you also paid this person. There are cases of fraud where a contractor accepts payment or partial payment and then leaves the area without doing any work or having the intention to do so. If you believe you may have been scammed, you may want to contact the non-emergency line and... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Municipal Law for Nebraska on
Q: Can a municipal golf course put age limit on college student membership rates?

I am 32 year old full-time student, and was told I had to be under 25 to receive the college student membership rate. Is that legal? I feel like I meet the criteria and have the same monetary situation as a college student, and don't think my age should be considered.

Thank you for your time.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 4, 2020

It looks like something where they could essentially do what they want in terms of their fees. Those types of discounts - college students, veterans, union members, seniors, etc. are essentially up to the entity to do as it pleases. They implement them out of kindness, good will in the community,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Nebraska on
Q: Arrested for missing court and released on bail set without personal appearance. Is this challengable

Apparently being pro se and trying to rescedule court on further hearing activated a warrant and upon my arrest it was without my appearance a bond was set two days later but i wasnt notified in jail for 6 days. Originally out on own recognance, seems it was staged for cash bond

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Jul 24, 2019

There isn't enough information to answer. It could be. It is common for a party to sign a paper with the next hearing date when released. Sometimes people don't even remember or really notice the hearing date when they sign this. This isn't mandatory and there are also other ways... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law for Nebraska on
Q: I was charged with disturbing the peace .what is usual penalty..complaining party has left town
Ryan P. Sullivan
Ryan P. Sullivan
answered on May 13, 2011

In Nebraska, Disturbing the Peace is a Class III Misdemeanor, which carries a penalty of up to 3 months in jail and up to a $500 fine.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.