Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Hampshire Collections Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Civil Litigation and Collections for New Hampshire on
Q: What are the legal options to sue an individual for non-repayment of a personal loan in excess of $20,000.00
William J. Amann
William J. Amann pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 7, 2023

A suit can be brought in state district or superior court given the $20,000 amount. There could be other factors, such as whether a federal question is involved but I doubt it given your description.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Collections and Small Claims for New Hampshire on
Q: Can not identify New Hampshire small claims rule 4.1(D)(3) and 4.1(D)(3)(d) used by attorney filing complaint.

I received a complaint from a debt buyer lawsuit.

In the statement of consumer debt it states:

In accordance with Small Claims Rule 4.1(D)(3), the undersigned submits this Statement:

This also is used further down:

Interest, charges, and fees calculated as set forth... View More

Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
answered on Mar 15, 2018

I looked over the rules and I don't see them in there either. You can file a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim for which relief can be granted and state the same reasons you stated here. He might be using old rules that have been updated and no one ever called him on it. The... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.